Monday, June 29, 2009

Reel Time

Our men became fishermen on Saturday when they headed out on Lake Erie for a manly excursion of charter boat fishing. What I was able to gather from my hubby's beaming face and all the "sea" stories ~ the day was perfection from start to finish!
(Derek, Mark, Dad, Logan, Dave & Gordy)

From generation to generation ~ I love this picture of Logan with Grandpa! Makes me realize that it won't be too long before our little Judah will be out there hanging with the big boys.
Logan claimed the first fish of the day ~ way to go buddy!

I hear the steelhead were especially fiesty and Gordy got to capture this guy as he flung himself out of the cooler.
Derek reeled in his own beauty!


The "elderly" men getting their much needed rest!!!
Great catch Dave ~ life is good!

Couldn't resist adding this picture ~ is our boy handsome or what?? And, he's the only true fisherman of the day wearing proper hat attire!

Love ya Pops ~ glad you enjoyed your big day!

4 comments:

CD said...

Nice fish! Have you guys cooked any up yet? I bet they are going to be tasty. Fun pictures, thanks for sharing!

Audzzz said...

You all caught a lot of fish! Did you grill it up that night or what?! I can't believe I grew up so close to Lake Erie and never really got out on it like that. Fun!

Hope said...

The guys went out that night to Pickled Bill's ~ so we're planning a fish fry soon! Any good ideas for walleye or steelhead recipes??

Morgan said...

the guys really did love that trip!! Love the picture of my bro!! lol.....