Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Preschool Graduation

Selah and Miss Ellen (aka....Teacher of the Year!!!)Judah's so proud of his big sister!
Selah and Mag's (aka...Maggie ~ school mate and friend)


So I think this post will tell you all the things I did "NOT" do on Selah's last day of school (or possibly I may have)! I most certainly did not start crying the moment the older class came out in their graduation caps...Nope, not me! I would never start crying when Selah was up singing her songs to Jesus...Nope, not me! I definitely did not start crying when attempting to thank Miss Ellen for the most amazing year with our daughter...Nope, not me! And, I was not that parent in the hallway having to be consoled by all the other mom's (who were crying too) that this is only preschool and we have many "graduations" ahead of us...Nope, not me! Selah sweetheart, mommy and daddy are so proud of you this year for all you have learned ~ to raise your hand in class, to share with others, to write your full name with upper and lower case letters, for all your beautiful art projects, and most importantly for your tender heart towards Jesus our King!

On a little side note (the below is written mostly for you Western DuRoss's):
Last week I asked Selah to hand me a box to throw in the garbage. She said "mommy, we have to recycle this box, see it has a recycle sign on it". I asked "Selah, where did you learn that" she said "Blues Clues mommy"!!! Well, I was amazed and then took the box and proceeded to ashamedly place it in the garbage, she again said "mommy, that doesn't belong in the garbage we have to take that somewhere for them to reuse". Ok, ok, ok ~ so Blues Clues has finally gotten the best of me!!! Any great ideas for helping us "learn" to recycle, feel free to share!! Love ya all.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Congrats Selah! For your first graduation (of many I'm sure) and for working on the eastern clan! Don't stop at recycling - that is only the first step...I recommend contacting your legislator and discussing topics such as alternative energy solutions and carbon emissions. Seriously - we're proud of you!

Morgan said...

WHOOOHOO SELAH!!!!

Audzzz said...

Oh my, how did you not cry? I almost started to cry just reading that and looking at the pictures! Milestones, they get me every time. :) Congratulations to Selah on her graduation! When do I get to see y'all again?!

Audzzz said...

And PS- Love the Bluesclues- great story!

Becca said...

congrats to the DuRoss Family! :) I already cry thinking about Juliana getting married! I'm there with ya! ;)