Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Home Update - FINALLY!!!

So, I finally am getting around to posting some updated pictures of our house!!!  When I look at these pictures I am amazed at how much has gotten done in such a short period of time.  If it wasn't for the help from all our amazing friends and family - it wouldn't have been possible - we love ya all!!!  The other thing that strikes me as I look at these pictures is God's hand in it all.  If it wasn't for Him and Him alone - we wouldn't be in this amazing home.  It gives me goose bumps as I remember how clearly He showed Himself through every last detail of our home sale and purchase - up to us signing our new home exactly 9 years to the day of our first home.  He has given us more in this home than we ever could have imagined and it makes me laugh inside to think of the other homes I was saddened to have lost along the 2 1/2 year wait.  He has once again reminded me that He does know best and I need to just trust in Him for He is so faithful.  I think the best thing about being in our new home is the true sense of "home at last".  We feel such peace and contentment being here together as a family.  There is something to be said about having to wait a long time for something - because with that comes such joy when the end has come and you see what He has delivered.  We LOVE our house, the good, the bad and the ugly and LOVE working on a home once again.  It is fun to want to do something to your house and I feel like we have missed that desire for so long.  So, without further ramblings - here is the updated version of our home and there will be more photos to come as our projects here are endless!!!

The Living Room

BEFORE
AFTER

BEFORE
AFTER

The Dining Room


BEFORE

AFTER
BEFORE


AFTER
The Kitchen

BEFORE

AFTER
BEFORE


AFTER

AFTER
 The Master Bathroom

BEFORE

AFTER
The Family Room

BEFORE

AFTER


AFTER


3 comments:

Audzzz said...

Finally! I feel satiated! Thank you, thank you, thank you. :) You know how I love a good house project...and man, you guys have been busy. It looks amazing- so fresh and new. Nice work, ya'll. Looking forward to seeing it in person in November. :)

Erika said...

There is just something in all us DuRosses that loves a good home project indoors or outdoors. I am so happy for you guys. The house looks absolutely amazing. It is fun tonsee photos at last with great transformations revealed. It is always amazing how far a little paint can go in making big changes.

Morg said...

loveee the pictures auntiee(: